[Sidefx-houdini-list] I3d Question

Pablo Giménez pablogipi at gmail.com
Fri Feb 17 05:37:16 EST 2006

On 2/17/06, Jaideep Khadilkar <iamjaideep80 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hello Everybody,
>
> Does anybody know, how to have different colors for different metaballs in
> image rendered using I3d??????
> What I think is, we have to  create a color channel in 3d Texture created
> using i3dgen.
> Then have to use that channel in Fog shader. For that we have to have our
> custom i3d shader and fog shader.
>   Am I going right???
> I am trying to do that, but something is going wrong. I am taking color
> attribute from my geometry.When adding color channel in i3d shader,
> whether we have to use mattrib() function inside forpoints() Loop or
> outside.

You have to use mattrib() inside a forpoints() to have access to the
metaballs  coordinate space. In other words the forpoints() function is
similar to the luminance() function for lights, it give you access to the
metaballs.

Also, forpoints(P) Loop is to loop thru all points or metaballs.

Thu all metaballs inside a known radius.

I think it loops thru all metaballs one by one. correct me if I am wrong.

> Thanking in advance.
>
> -------iamjaideep80
> Jaideep Khadilkar
> (TD, Sciclone Motion Graphics)