[Sidefx-houdini-list] I3d Question

Jaideep Khadilkar iamjaideep80 at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 17 02:50:06 EST 2006

Hello Everybody,

 Does anybody know, how to have different colors for different metaballs in image rendered using I3d??????
 What I think is, we have to  create a color channel in 3d Texture created using i3dgen.
 Then have to use that channel in Fog shader. For that we have to have our custom i3d shader and fog shader.
  Am I going right???
 I am trying to do that, but something is going wrong. I am taking color attribute from my geometry.When adding color channel in i3d shader, whether we have to use mattrib() function inside forpoints() Loop or outside.
 Also, forpoints(P) Loop is to loop thru all points or metaballs.
 I think it loops thru all metaballs one by one. correct me if I am wrong.

 Thanking in advance.

 -------iamjaideep80
 Jaideep Khadilkar
 (TD, Sciclone Motion Graphics)