[Sidefx-houdini-list] Houdini in different industries

Joe Barrow joe at primalpictures.com
Thu Feb 16 12:37:16 EST 2006

We solely use houdini here for medical visualisation, (we are an independent publisher anatomical cd-roms)

www.primalpictures.com
www.anatomy.tv

but I think we are pretty much alone in what we do.

Skills for the job are not so much showreel based, as you can teach anyone to do (more or less) anything using houdini. I'd say any eye for detail and patience/ dedication are what we would look for along with artistic ability and an understanding of 3d concepts.

A good showreel is always fun to look at though.

jb