[Sidefx-houdini-list] Real Flow + Houdini

John Coldrick jc at axyzfx.com
Wed Feb 15 08:51:48 EST 2006

On Tuesday 14 February 2006 20:01, Andrew D Lyons wrote:
> I'd like to hear people's experiences using Real Flow and Houdini.
> Also, how Houdini compares to other options as an environment for post
> processing sim data - (derived from Realflow or another sim software.)

	I'd also side with kudos on Mark Story's plugins - he kept them up and did a
great implementation(although as you likely know he's currently retired them
from active development but AFAIK has made the source open).  As a rule of
thumb, I'd say Houdini is a wonderful environment for massaging data of any
kind.  Extremely flexible.

	About all I'd add on a side note is that I found the RF GUI to be an exercise
in how to *not* to do an interface, it's a *very* buggy program, and is
ultimately very frustrating to work with.  Unfortunately there's not a lot of
off-the-shelf options out there, the results aren't bad.  I'm really looking
forward to a DOPs based fluid sim.  :)

	Cheers,

	J.C.

                                                     Toronto, ON Canada