[Sidefx-houdini-list] Real Flow + Houdini

Sean Lewkiw sean.lewkiw at framestore-cfc.com
Wed Feb 15 05:05:30 EST 2006

We did a whole film using Realflow and Houdini using Mark's plugin,
(Mishi, The Water Giant).  Mark was a huge help, doing tonnes of
development work on the plugins and liasing directly with Realflow to
sort out all the bugs and other issues.

The sims were done in Realflow, exported to Houdini for cleanup, and
then exported to Maya as RIBs for lighting and rendering with the
creature.  Water surfaces were a combination of Realwave, a proprietary
fluid flow system, and a fancy schmancy displacement shader.   Perhaps
one of the old Henson crew on the list would like to tell you more, as I
wasn't doing the actual Houdini work at the time.

Sean

--
Sean Lewkiw
Framestore-CFC