[Sidefx-houdini-list] exporting camera from Houdini to Maya

Dan Seddon dan.seddon at framestore-cfc.com
Tue Feb 14 11:49:00 EST 2006

Rick Walia wrote:

> Leo wrote:
>
>> Hi, I would like to know what the best way is to export Houdini
>> Camera info to Maya.
>> thank you.
>

> I guess you can write out a .chan file from houdini and parse it via a
> mel/perl/python script for importing into maya?
>
> Cheers,
>
> /Rick

I'd be tempted to do something like this with a camera/interest setup
(as it's the most straight forward), .chan is a really simple format -
I've no idea how easy it is to get this kind of stuff in to Maya, but if
it proved difficult the old fashioned approach was to save out geometry
i.e. a curve for the location and a curve for the interest. You
shouldn't need to do any scripting at all for this - if you're not a
scripty person.

Ta

Dan