[Sidefx-houdini-list] DOPS: stuck inside a volume

Bill Watral bill at charlex.com
Mon Feb 13 13:01:28 EST 2006

 It turns out my RBD Solvers settings were not the cause. The problem
was in my geometry. Although I had checked the volume representations
visually and they looked ok, they weren't.

I was using imported Objs as my base collision geometry. I took the time
to rebuild the geo in houdini and rerun the sim and the majority of the
sticky lotto balls problem went away. I could then turn down the solver
settings to get a faster sim as well. Worked out for the better in the end.

So, I learned...use Houdini geo for collision objects, it is more
predictable.