[Sidefx-houdini-list] A Second Houdini Book

Caleb J. Howard calebh at adelphia.net
Wed Feb 1 03:26:20 EST 2006

I'd love to offer up anything I might to get into your book.  That'd be
cool!  Anything in particular I can offer?  Or shall I come up with some
random stuff that I find useful?

Hi!

Craig Zerouni wrote:

> I sent this to the list a week ago, but it looks like it never showed
> up. So here's my second attempt, for those who don't frequent the
> Houdini Forum. And thanks to all those Forum readers who have sent
> ideas already...

> Houdini Fans -
>
> When it rains, it pours.
>
> I have a agreement to produce a Houdini book, to be published later
> this year. This will be very different from Will Cunningham's book.
> Mine is meant to be a kind of "Houdini Hacks", a compilation of
> (possibly) obscure but useful techniques for wringing the most out of
> Houdini. The target audience is not beginners, but
> intermediate-to-advanced Houdini users.
>
> To make this clearer, I have posted on the Forum a short chapter
> sample that the publishers saw - look here
> http://www.sidefx.com/index.php?option=com_forum&Itemid=172&page=viewtopic&t=5158
>

> The reason I am telling you this is that I am looking for help from
> the Houdini community. Houdini being what it is, it's just not
> possible for one person to know everything about everything,
> especially if that person is me. So I'm looking to collect useful tips
> from users on any Houdini subject - modeling, particles, dynamics,
> shaders, scripting, rendering, whatever. These should be simple
> idiomatic uses of individual houdini features, not 200-node
> extravaganzas.
>
> In exchange for your help, I can make this stupendous offer: if I use
> something you contribute, I will include your name and brief bio in
> the contributor's section (see the O'Reilly /Linux Hacks/ book as an
> example of this), and you will get a copy of the book.
>
> To save clutter, feel free to respond to me directly: craig at sidefx.com
> either with tips or just with questions.
>
> Thanks very much!
>
> CZ

-caleb

       calebh at adelphia.net (home) - caleb at imageworks.com (work)
      http://howards.vigilante.net/Caleb/Personal/CalebMain.html
 "The wind is low, the birds will sing that you are part of everything.
          Dear Prudence, won't you open up your eyes."