Vex Shaders (was Re: [Sidefx-houdini-list] point sop color)

Doug Struthers dragonfly at dougstruthers.com
Sun Aug 27 09:58:48 EDT 2006

Hi Peter

Tool sets that are written for a mass market and offer an adjunct
funtionality to Houdini I usually pay something between $300 at the very low
end up to $1000.  After that it needs to be considered as a core tool:
Photoshop, After Effects, and some NLE in my little studio case.

If your efforts are going to included very good documentation aimed at the
level of those who struggle with Houdini (myself) I can commit to a price
point in the above range.  I cannot stress enough and I know you are aware
how important it is to make good tools accessible to a broader field of
those less technical.

The work Garman and others are doing for the community will I feel sure have
a very big impact on the number of Houdini users.

So there you go.  Besides, I love to feel that my $ is spent feeding a
talent's family.

Doug Struthers

www.dougstruthers.com