[Sidefx-houdini-list] point sop color

Paul Simpson paul at realisestudio.com
Fri Aug 25 11:13:13 EDT 2006

On Friday 25 August 2006 4:02 pm, Sean Lewkiw wrote:
> While we're at it, how about if VOPs like Lighting Model put out
> diffuse, spec, ambient, etc., as seperate outs from the VOP as well as
> just Cf.  I have created VOPs myself that do this, but it would be nice
> if they all did this by default.  Again, this would help with deep
> rasters as well as other stuff.

maybe we should create a wish list.  this would be high up in mine.  that with
separate diffuse and specular vops.  i bet we all have spent countless hours
creating the same vops all over the world.  would be nice to have these
building blocks already there enabling us to write higher level shaders
rather than reinvent the wheel.

another suggestion: create a script that builds rman or mantra vops from slim
templates.  love or hate slim, there some pretty useful stuff out there that
can just plug right into houdini...