[Sidefx-houdini-list] point sop color

Peter Bowmar pbowmar at gmail.com
Fri Aug 25 10:35:48 EDT 2006

The real solution is for someone (possibly SESI) to provide a complete
 VOP based set of default networks. Essentially an uber-network that
can be quickly and easily reduced or mixed with other networks.

This would include default deep-raster outputs, a common naming
convention for every parameter, and would avoid the hodge-podge of
random shaders that currently ship with Houdini, replacing them all
(and adding a lot more) with a standardized set of VOPnets.

For someone who doesn't know anything about VOPs, that's cool, just
use the shader. If you know a little bit about VOPs (like, feed two
colours into a blend then into Cf) you're suddenly ahead of the game.

Power users don't have to re-invent the wheel every time they need to
make a new shader, 80% of the work is done.

Everyone wins :)

Cheers,

Peter B