[Sidefx-houdini-list] Re: Auto detect Glue strength?

Ben Schrijvers Ben.Schrijvers at framestore-cfc.com
Thu Aug 24 13:05:47 EDT 2006

No exactly... don't try to do everything as a simulation.
We (mis)used glue a lot as well to trigger releases of fractured objects.

Also.. I had a simular problem as Peter has now. In the end I didn't
glue my fractured object but just let it go.
The fractured object had to explode (Xmen3) in a few frames afterwards
anyway.
After the simulation I imported the translation channels into CHOP's and
frooze them at their initial position until they "really" moved.

It's great that DOP's are as open as the rest of Houdini.

cheers,
benS