[Sidefx-houdini-list] motionbuilder->Houdini

Ezekiel M ezequielm at gmail.com
Thu Aug 24 10:57:30 EDT 2006

ive heard about collada and it seams niiiice, if houdini doesnt export
collada this will be a little tricky
i was thinking of how to import the bvh to houdini, i might export the
hierarchy from motionbuilder to bvh (in fact that will not be a bvh for
convention sakes... but
motionbuilder export it anyway) and bring the curve animation from that file
to the bones inside houdini
that would be a nice thing to try out, but that would be the second part,
the first would be how to export from houdini to motiobuilder (skining and
blends included), i might have to use maya for that step, but having to pay
for maya just for export to motionbuilder.... mmmmhhhh... i dont see that as
a possible option, and i would have to fin the way to export de
geometry/bones/blends, making a previz binding and connect all the blends in
maya to export to motionbuilder...

i would love to doo all the animation in motionbuilder and then bring it to
houdini as it is, coz all the control that you have in motionbuilder for
mapping are a must...

im finishing my reel in maya/motionbuilder, so in a little while ill get my
hands dirty about this subject, thanks!!!!!
ill get back to ya when i try this things out