[Sidefx-houdini-list] MODO

CraigLeeHoffman at aol.com CraigLeeHoffman at aol.com
Thu Aug 24 09:16:02 EDT 2006

Also, I can build a pretty decent model without ever touching the  nodes...
I only go back to them for changes sometimes (or to do certain  things that
the interactive mode doesn't do easily with combining pieces,  etc.).  Are you
trying the interactive modelling stuff in the Perspective  view or are you
working only in the node tiles?

But regardless, any package that focusses only (or mostly) on  modelling like
Z-Brush or MODO is going to kick the butt of a fully featured  package like
Houdini.  It's like comparing a Go-Kart to a Station  Wagon.  The Go-Kart will
do that one thing better (get you around the track  quicker) and cheaper, but
the Station Wagon is what you would want for  everything else.

-Craig

In a message dated 8/23/2006 10:09:33 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,