[Sidefx-houdini-list] particle birth - deforming source

Ben Schrijvers Ben.Schrijvers at framestore-cfc.com
Wed Aug 23 13:04:20 EDT 2006

Hi Larry,

Just make another grid below the deforming one to birth particles that
shoot upward.
Then a Collision POP to catch them with the deforming grid.
Set it's behaviour to "stuck at collision" and switch on some attributes
in the attribute tab.
After the sim (in sops) you can use these attributes to make the
particles (dis)appear.

Then create a group on whatever condition to select the ones you want to
release.
Hopefully (as I didn't try this) you can release the particles by
playing with $STUCK in a State POP.

cheers,
benS