[Sidefx-houdini-list] Re: Auto detect Glue strength?

Ben Schrijvers Ben.Schrijvers at framestore-cfc.com
Tue Aug 22 09:24:31 EDT 2006

Hi Peter,

No fooling around with cricket balls then.. Sounds like a nice HDA you
have in mind.
I'm not sure how to do it though. It sounds like there would still be a
lot depending on that "something" that hits it.
Like the speed and velocity of that hitting object.

I think if your object hits the glue object you can actually read how
much glue impulse it recieves on that frame in the detail view window.
That could save you some trail and error time.

Hmmm one step closer to an HDA that tries to calculates a glue threshold
would be an option to calculate mass in Sop's.
That's already an existing RFE.. might fit nice in the Measure Sop or
maybe ISO Offset...

Actually for X3 I solved a simular problem by freezing transformation
channels in CHOP's.

cheers,
benS