[Sidefx-houdini-list] motion blur

Jeff Wagner jeff at sidefx.com
Mon Aug 21 09:35:21 EDT 2006

Just in case...

If you are using expressions, make absolutely sure you are using $FF or
$T in place of $F (which returns the integer frame value).

        The shutter speed at 0.5 will evaluate $F incorrectly to a whole
        frame number of the previous frame.
        The shutter speed at 0.5 will evaluate $FF correctly at the
        integer x.5 value.

e.g.:
$F = 10
Shutter = 0.5
Start Frame Motion Blur = 9.5
End Frame Motion Blur   = 10
Start Frame- Expression using $F evaluates to  =  9
End Frame-   Expression using $F evaluates to  = 10
    INCORRECT MOTION BLUR!
Start Frame- Expression using $FF evaluates to =  9.5
End Frame-   Expression using $FF evaluates to = 10
    CORRECT MOTION BLUR

e.g.:
$F = 10
Shutter = 0.4
Start Frame Motion Blur = 9.6
End Frame Motion Blur   = 10
Start Frame- Expression using $F evaluates to  = 10
End Frame-   Expression using $F evaluates to  = 10
    NO MOTION BLUR!
Start Frame- Expression using $FF evaluates to =  9.6
End Frame-   Expression using $F evalutates to = 10
    CORRECT MOTION BLUR

-jeff

On Mon, 2006-21-08 at 14:39 +0300, hoknamahn at cgtalk.ru wrote:

> Check the Shutter Speed parameter of camera obj.
>
> zoran arizanovic wrote:
>
> > Hi
> > how can I crank up motion blur even for slow moving/deforming objects
> > I have it enabled in mantra and on camera
> > but still cant see it?

Jeff Wagner, jeff at sidefx.com, Senior Technology Consultant
Side Effects Software, www.sidefx.com, Toronto, Ontario, M5V 3E7
tel: (416) 504-9876, fax: (416) 504-6648