[Sidefx-houdini-list] Point Instancing Animation

Agent Xray xray at agentxray.com
Mon Aug 14 11:26:10 EDT 2006

You are right that their _should_ be a direct way to refer to the files.
As I sated, my suggested method is hacky, at best.

Jeff Willette contributed this useful HDA to the Houdini Exchange that
will create intermediate geometry:

http://www.sidefx.com/exchange/info.php?fileid=182&versionid=182

It caches geometry to disk and reads it in again, doing sub-frame
blending of like topology. Check it out. You might be able to replace
the file SOP's in the example I sent you with this HDA in order to get
inter-frame blending if you can figure out how to properly pass the per
particle velocity back up to the object you are instancing. How are your
passing your frame attribute to the instance? I'm curious.

-=X