[Sidefx-houdini-list] Point Instancing Animation

Jaideep Khadilkar iamjaideep80 at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 14 10:31:14 EDT 2006

HI Agent Xray..

Thanxx.
I tried ur method. And it is working fine. Creting objects is cool.. but I still think that thier should be a direct way, to refer to Files.
By the way, what u have said in ur last mail, problem of speeding up or down the animation depending on the velocity. I know that I can creat a frame attibute and change it according to my velocity. And I can get variation in the animation.
But I didn't get the "frame blending in sop" concept. Can u have a intermediate geometry, between two seperate frames??? Can u explain me how do u do that?

 ----- iamjaideep80
Jaideep Khadilkar
TD, Sciclone Motion Graphics

Agent Xray <xray at agentxray.com> wrote:
Yea, I was looking for some kind of per frame instance attribute but
couldn't find it. Seems like the "render from archive" feature only
works from Object level.

The other problem with the method I sent to Jaideep is that it doesn't
take velocity into account. In many cases it might be desirable to play
the animation faster or slower based on the particle velocity. While
it's possible to set up inter-frame geometry blending at the SOP level,
I'm not sure how to pass the information from the POP up to the
referenced SOP.