[Sidefx-houdini-list] Point Instancing Animation

Agent Xray xray at agentxray.com
Sat Aug 12 12:22:34 EDT 2006

Jaideep,

Here's a hacky way to do what you want.

First, bake out the ten frames of geometry from the ROP in the
"numbers_instanced" object. This is geometry from a font sop with the
numbers 1 to 10, just for this test.

I'm using an expression in the Instance POP to reference any number of
geometry objects based on the fit() expression. Each geometry object
contains a file sop with an animation offset based on the opdigit().
You'd could easily generate hundreds of such objects with a loop in
Hscript, or just copy and paste ever growing numbers of them. As long as
you base the offset on opdigit(), each one will be offset based on the
expression you use in the file SOP.

Again, to get this to work on your system, be sure to bake out the ten
frames of geometry from the ROP in the "numbers_instanced" object.

Cheers,
-=X