[Sidefx-houdini-list] Point Instancing Animation

Jaideep Khadilkar iamjaideep80 at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 12 04:20:03 EDT 2006

Hi,,,,
Also I forgot to ask... if it can be done thru renderman???

Can i use Mantra or Renderman Procedure to so this???

----- iamjaideep80
Jaideep Khadilkar
TD, Sciclone Motion Graphics

Jaideep Khadilkar <iamjaideep80 at yahoo.com> wrote: Hi Everybody...

Need ur Help, again..
I am trying to make a school of fish. So I am trying to use particles and Fish animation instanced on them.  If I make Fish animation as a single object and instance it, what I will have is the same animation on every point without any offset. I tried Copy sop but it is too heavy. So instancing is must.
I want to have a time offset, to break similarity. How can I do that? Suppose I write out my animation as a sequence of bgeo files, how can i make each point to load different bgeo file?? How can I pass this attribute??????
I know it can be done by creating different objects for different frame number and cycle thru them using instance attribute in Point Sop. But I don't want to do that cause my animation is 100 frame long. So that way, I have to creat 100 different objects. Is there any simple method to refere to a file insted of object in instance attribute????