[Sidefx-houdini-list] I3d Opacity

Rangi Sutton rangi.sutton at gmail.com
Tue Aug 8 21:21:24 EDT 2006

Louis wrote:
> But yes, more local variables are great! A good trick (in case it's
> not crystal clear already) to re-create local variables for an
> attribute "foo" that already exists is just to put down an Attribute
> Create SOP with $FOO in the value field. Better than having to muck
> around with something like point(opinputpath(".",0),$PT,"foo",0) etc
> etc..
Speaking of variable mappings.. I was just trying to create/copy
mappings by directly modifying the varmap attribute. Only works for one
variable mapping.. which is weird.

Basically.. use an AttributeCreate sop, set it to Name: "varmap", Class:
Detail, Type: String, then put in the String values the expression
`details("../srcSop","varmap")` you would expect it to copy all the
variable mappings. It only creates the first.

Similarily, hitting alt-e (to user the editor so we can put in a
new-line character) in the String attribute and setting it to:

foo->FOO
bar->BAR

only maps foo. Any ideas on how to bulk create this mappings manually? I
thought I'd already done it once before but must be mistaken.

Beers,
r.