[Sidefx-houdini-list] autorig+muscles

zoran arizanovic zoran.arizanovic at gmail.com
Tue Aug 8 12:48:27 EDT 2006

Hi Joe
thanks for reply!
Yes I am using 8.1 and I have muscle node
all this additional info will help me for sure
I have muscle (basic biceps) attached now, what I cant do is set nice volume
for it with  additional profiles
I enabled additional profiles and dont know how to set them so that muscle
shrinks at both ends?
Zoran

On 8/8/06, Joe Drew <joe at sidefx.com> wrote:

> zoran arizanovic wrote:
> > I got muscle setup file from exchange.
> > I am checking it to see how to set it up on my own.
> > what would be procedure later for putting skin over it?
> > since muscles are metaballs there could be something like magnet example
> in
> > help.
>
> Zoran, are you using Houdini 8.1? It's got the muscle object built-in,
> which is faster than using the asset on the exchange.
>
> To use them, you parent the muscle object to a minimum of two other
> objects (usually nulls parented to your bones). Set them all up under
> your skin geometry, then type tab > Capture Geometry. In the upper
> left-hand corner, you'll see "Capture Type" - change it to Metaball and
> then select your skin. Select all your muscles as the capturing muscles.
>
> The process is then the same as with bone capture - Paint Capture Layer,
> etc. The main difference with painting is that you can't Ctrl+
> middle-click on the muscles to choose them. That's why we added the
> Region Selector option to the Paint Capture Layer tool - you can just
> brush on the skin to select a colour (which will be displayed in the
> viewport), then paint with it.
>
> I should note that we usually turn off the display of muscles after
> they're set up, since displaying the metaballs is very slow. Skinning is
> quite fast though.
>
> Let me know if you have any other questions!
>
> Joe

Zoran Arizanovic
http://arizanovic.blogspot.com/