[Sidefx-houdini-list] I3d Opacity

Louis louis at realisestudio.com
Tue Aug 8 06:48:29 EDT 2006

The only slightly off context thing I would like to add to this is that
in DOPs, local variables are very sparse indeed apart from things like
the RBD State DOP where you do have local variables for things like
velocity position acceleration and very standard data like that.
Creating your own custom data/attributes becomes quite cumbersome
indeed. Also, the fact that you need to express vectors (not only) as
strings makes it all a bit painful at the moment. Of course, DOPs is
very much in it's own world! Seeing as it's spiffingly brand new, I
thought I'd throw that out there again. Anybody else come across this?

But yes, more local variables are great! A good trick (in case it's not
crystal clear already) to re-create local variables for an attribute
"foo" that already exists is just to put down an Attribute Create SOP
with $FOO in the value field. Better than having to muck around with
something like point(opinputpath(".",0),$PT,"foo",0) etc etc..

Beers
Louis