[Sidefx-houdini-list] render-memory problem

Mark A. Bolstad mbolstad at arl.army.mil
Fri Aug 4 11:46:32 EDT 2006

Are you running 32 or 64-bits?

If 32-bits, see if running 64-bit Houdini on a 64-bit box works.

4 GB is the limit for a 32-bit system, and given the size of your core
file, that's my suspicion. A lot of memory allocators grow the amount of
memory allocated each call to try to reduce overhead. You may have hit a
magic threshold where one more allocation send you over the 4GB barrier.

Depending on the platform, an out-of-memory error may be in a system log.

Mark