[Sidefx-houdini-list] render-memory problem

Peter Robbinson probbins at sympatico.ca
Fri Aug 4 11:27:27 EDT 2006

To be honest I'm not sure.

The size of the core file is interesting. Can you force a crash on one
of your healthy systems and compare the size?
Have you tried rendering just frame 741 on the offending machine? Does
it behave the same?
Use a system monitor and see if the ram is filling and caching and see
how bad that is, compare to a healthy system.

Of course likely the simplest thing to do is yank the ram from a good
machine and replace the "bad" ram and see if that fixes things.

Peter

On Fri, 2006-04-08 at 10:52 -0400, Jed Schwartz wrote:
> I am getting a 3 gig core file-
> Specifically which cache setting?-
> 10 years at this and still so much to learn!
>
> Jed-
>
> On Aug 4, 2006, at 10:26 AM, Peter Robbinson wrote:
>
> > Morning,
> >
> > Have you possibly missed a cache setting and it is dumping to a
> > harddrive?
> >
> > PeterR
> >
> > On Fri, 2006-04-08 at 10:09 -0400, Jed Schwartz wrote:
> >> I'm getting a total freeze up in the middle of a render on frame 741
> >> on one of several systems in the studio-
> >> All other systems render the frame without problem- All running the
> >> latest H-build- 8.1.681
> >>
> >> Am I correct to assume that we have some flakey memory on this newest
> >> and fastes system-?
> >>
> >> Thanks!!
> >>
> >> Jed-

> > --
> > "gravity is not a force, it is a boundary layer"
> > "everything is coincident"
> > "Love: the state of suspended anticipation"

"everything is coincident"