[Sidefx-houdini-list] I3d Opacity

Peter Bowmar pbowmar at gmail.com
Thu Aug 3 05:42:13 EDT 2006

Hi Jaideep,
     LIFE is a 2 float attribute, take a look in the spreadsheet in
SOPs. What you want to do is create a new attribute using Attribute
Create, call it "fade" or something, and set it to $LIFE. Then use
"fade" in the I3d code like you mention below.
     LIFE is confusing because $LIFE (the local variable) gives you
0-1 percentage of the particle's life. However, "life" the attribute
gives you the particle's age _in seconds_ (same as the $AGE local
variable) and the expected time of death _in seconds_. $LIFE is
actually  the "life[0]" attribute divided by the "life[1]" attribute.
So, you can't use the "life" attribute directly as a result.

Cheers,

Peter B