[Sidefx-houdini-list] RE: Other Linux Options

Jean-Claude jclaude at mimgfx.com
Wed Aug 2 13:26:03 EDT 2006

Peter Robbinson wrote:
> The general thing I watch out for when buying a laptop has to do with
> the graphics card.
> In order to increase the battery life laptop manufacturers lobotomize
> the graphics cards, reducing the core and gram frequency and
> turning off half the gram. However they don't do a good job of telling
> you that.
> So the card they advertise usually reads like the card you would
> normally receive for a workstation, but it isn't.
> Read carefully.
>
> PeterR

well... yeah.. i currently use a thinkpad T43p and I'm going to swap with the new T60p... which have FireGl V5200
instead of V3200.. I'm ok with my current performances with houdini .. and I guess I'll gain a little bit with new one...

main reason I actually bought the new one is Dual core... which i hope Houdini gains some advantages from it....

--
.: jean-claude
.: mimgfx dot com

believed to be clean.