[Sidefx-houdini-list] RE: Other Linux Options

Peter Robbinson probbins at corefa.com
Wed Aug 2 10:13:19 EDT 2006

The general thing I watch out for when buying a laptop has to do with
the graphics card.
In order to increase the battery life laptop manufacturers lobotomize
the graphics cards, reducing the core and gram frequency and
turning off half the gram. However they don't do a good job of telling
you that.
So the card they advertise usually reads like the card you would
normally receive for a workstation, but it isn't.
Read carefully.

PeterR

--
Peter Robbinson
Trainer
robbinson at coredp.com
probbins at corefa.com

Core Digital Pictures
http://www.coredp.com/

                                                                           "everything is coincident"
                                                                    "Love: a state of suspended anticipation"