[Sidefx-houdini-list] Real world spatial data

Andrew D Lyons alyons at dreamworksanimation.com
Tue Sep 27 18:32:04 EDT 2005

Give it a header, footer and save it as a .geo file.

A 2*2 grid saved as a geo looks like this:

PGEOMETRY V5
NPoints 4 NPrims 1
NPointGroups 0 NPrimGroups 0
NPointAttrib 0 NVertexAttrib 0 NPrimAttrib 0 NAttrib 0
-0.5 0 -0.5 1
0.5 0 -0.5 1
-0.5 0 0.5 1
0.5 0 0.5 1
Poly 4 < 0 1 3 2
beginExtra
endExtra

--
The same geometry - but with with no poly's - points only looks like this:
--

PGEOMETRY V5
NPoints 4 NPrims 0
NPointGroups 0 NPrimGroups 0
NPointAttrib 0 NVertexAttrib 0 NPrimAttrib 0 NAttrib 0
-0.5 0 -0.5 1
0.5 0 -0.5 1
-0.5 0 0.5 1
0.5 0 0.5 1