[Sidefx-houdini-list] finding nearest and furthest distances

Jon Campbell jjn_campbell at hotmail.com
Sun Sep 25 11:38:50 EDT 2005

Hi All-

Trying to learn VOPs a bit better. So I am trying to calculate the distance
from the camera to the nearest and furthest objects in my scene. So far I
have been succesful by using a rayhit and using an object scope to manually
enter in the nearest and furthest objects.

However, instead of using object scopes, now what I want to figure out is
how I can tell houdini to automatically find the nearest and furthest
objects from the camera. Any ideas?

-Jon