[Sidefx-houdini-list] DOPs and cookie

Lucio Flores dogboy_l at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 15 12:57:28 EDT 2005

You can use DOPS to actually shatter the piece. You'll have to use a SOP solver
to reapply the cookie to the same piece of geometry over and over again. Once
you have your pieces, then simulate, etc.

--- Larry Giunta <larry at gcreativestudios.com> wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> We're using DOPs to shatter some chess pieces
> for a promo we're working on. ( DOPs really do seem
> very cool!)
>
> Anyway, we're breaking up the chess pieces
> using the cookie SOP. This is definitely proving to be the most
> time consuming part of the process  ..... and maybe
> the only way. But I'm wondering if there are any suggestions
> for other ways to crack up these objects in preparation
> for DOPs.
>
> I thought I remember this coming up a while ago, but
> I'm not sure.
>
> Crunched for time as usual, so any suggestion would be greatly
> appreciated.
>
> Larry

Manson: My philosophy is:  Don't think.  I don't believe in the mind that you think with and scheme with.  I don't believe in words.

Reporter: If you don't believe in words, why do you use so many of them?

Manson: Words are symbols.  All I'm doing is jumbling the symbols in your brain.  Everything is symbolic.  Symbols are just connections in your brain.  Even your body is a symbol.