[Sidefx-houdini-list] Variable pronounciation...

Ben Schrijvers Ben.Schrijvers at framestore-cfc.com
Thu Oct 27 14:30:11 EDT 2005

Hey that's my joke... well sort off anyway...

I've made a handy document which happens to contain exactly that joke...
but I didn't publish it yet.
http://www.xs4all.nl/~bensch/cgfx/houdini_myths.html#talkingdutch
Uhm I geuss I just did now 8-)

Anyway.. I'm Dutch and when you say "snaab je" it sound like "snap je?"
which means "get it? " as in "do you get the idea".
Which is not far from what the variable means to me at the moment.

But seriously I think you should pronounce it ending with a S as we
might talk about a multitude of objects being discribed.
And Peter is right about the J being silent in Houdini.
So we end up with "snobs" if you ask me.

cheers,
benS