[Sidefx-houdini-list] now hiring ...

CraigLeeHoffman at aol.com CraigLeeHoffman at aol.com
Tue Oct 18 07:37:05 EDT 2005

In a message dated 10/17/2005 8:08:32 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
alyons at dreamworksanimation.com writes:

> I see they've removed any reference to Maya from the job description for
> Effects Animator here:
>
> http://www.dreamworksanimation.com/
> Jobs -> Effects Animator
>
> :)

Are you guys using Houdini much at Dreamworks?  I know two Senior guys that
faced a lot of animosity when they were trying to use it there back in the
Prince of Egypt/El Dorado days and when I interviewed with them 2 years ago there
was pretty much open hostility toward Houdini...

I appreciate Maya and custom programming as much as the next guy, but
oftentimes Houdini is simply the best tool for some things.  It really turned me off
to them.

-Craig