[Sidefx-houdini-list] DOPs

John Hughes john.hughes at corefa.com
Wed Oct 12 10:49:06 EDT 2005

On the sidefx Houdini 8.0 early access forum there were a few DOPs
walkthrough tutorials that were released several months ago.   DOPs was
still in development at that time so all of these tutorials cannot be
completed
by following the instructions literally.  However, I had a go at completing
the tutorial scenes and a couple more demo files I found so that they worked
with the latest version of DOPs.  I hadn't touched DOPs before and there
was no help documentation at the time so there was quite a bit of guesswork
involved but I managed to get them all working.

The completed hips, together with the original walkthrough guides can be
found here:

http://www.sidefx.com/index.php?option=com_forum&Itemid=172&page=viewtopic&t=4427

I found these walkthroughs give a very good understanding of the DOPs
architecture but it would be great if someone could update the walkthrough
instructions so that they are consistent with the current DOPs workflow.
Hopefully SESI themselves will update them and re-release them.

The tutorials include a simple bouncing ball, a shattering statue, a
Newton's
pendulum and a simple creature that lands on a surface and crawls along it.
The extra hip files demonstrate the blend and multi solvers and there is
also an example of a chain-link simulation.

John Hughes

Ben Schrijvers wrote:

> Hi Jed,
>
> There are some examples buried in the help of each DOP.
> There is an examples tab.
> There is also an help page that contains a list of examples per OP.
>
> cheers,
> benS
>
> Jed Schwartz wrote:
>
>> Anyone know if there are any DOPs tutorials out there-- I didn't
>> find  anything in the latest release--Are they  buried in here
>> somewhere?
>>
>> Thanks!
>>
>> Jed-

John Hughes