[Sidefx-houdini-list] learning houdini

Dave Nunez nunezd at gmail.com
Tue Dec 20 11:19:20 EST 2005

Hey there, 3D Buzz has a couple of free video turorials and the gnomon
workshop has a intro dvd on houdini and its workflow (haven't seen
them my self but from what I hear they are pretty good).

Hope that helps,

Dave

On 12/20/05, Larry Giunta <larry at gcreativestudios.com> wrote:
> I know this comes up from time to time ... forgive me
> for asking again.
>
> We're trying to get a new person up to speed
> on Houdini for some upcoming production work
> ( he's coming from a Max and Maya background)
> He's grasping the basic concepts ..... and excited, but having
> a tougher time getting comfortable with the interface.
>
> I remember the video tutorials on the VisLab site
> ( back around H6??) were pretty helpful for explaining
> the basics of the interface and general work flow.
> Is there anything more current out there that I'm missing??
> Anything in the works as far as H8 goes??
>
> Thanks for any suggestions.
>
> Larry
>
> --
> Larry Giunta
> Creative Director
> G Creative Studios
> (781)393-0200
> larry at gcreativestudios.com
> www.gcreativestudios.com

When things get too complicated, it sometimes makes sense to stop and
wonder: Have I asked the right question?
-Enrico Bombieri