[Sidefx-houdini-list] A Request

Mark A. Bolstad mbolstad at arl.army.mil
Tue Dec 20 08:31:20 EST 2005

Hello,

My name is Mark Bolstad, I've been lurking on the list for quite
sometime, and I occasionally post (with albeit not useful information).

I'm working on my Ph.D in rendering of large models and I'm in the
processes of putting together my proposal. My request is what are the
sizes of a typical and largest frame that is rendered? You don't have to
tie it to any production if you wish. What I'd like is something like:

Frame:
 Max # Objects
 Largest Single Model
 Other Big Data (Textures, ...)

Scene
 Total Size (in MB, GB, or TB)

If you're procedural generating the data, an estimate of what is
actually pushed through the renderer would be nice.

Thanks,

Mark

FYI, My advisor is Marc Olano (http://www.csee.umbc.edu/~olano/) you can
find me listed in his CV.