[Sidefx-houdini-list] hardware innovations

Dan Seddon dan.seddon at framestore-cfc.com
Sun Dec 18 09:27:30 EST 2005

It's AMD's "Cool 'n' Quiet" that makes their newer chips really quiet:

http://www.amd.com/us-en/Processors/ProductInformation/0,,30_118_9485_9487%5E10272,00.html

This page refers to "Athlon 64"s as having it - maybe the Opterons
don't, I thought they were slightly older chips. If they do, maybe you
just need to install the drivers.

Dan