[Sidefx-houdini-list] hardware innovations

Dries Desmet dries at urga.be
Sat Dec 17 06:07:42 EST 2005

Hi Paul,

Do you know which motherboard was used on your machines?
My dual opeteron 244 (single core) based on MSI board and silent Antec case
makes a LOT of noise still. Especially compared to the dual core athlon I'm
working on right now. Is this normal? In the BIOS I setup the fans to
accelerate when the cpu reaches a certain temperature, but when that happens,
I can only use my computer with voice recognition, cause my fingers are in my
ears by then. I built the machine myself, cause no happy smiling faces in the
local computer shops over here when I ask for opteron; they think that proc
hasn't been released yet!

D.