[Sidefx-houdini-list] hardware innovations

CraigLeeHoffman at aol.com CraigLeeHoffman at aol.com
Wed Dec 14 21:17:25 EST 2005

Although this won't really affect most Houdini folks, I am a big fan of
NVidia's SLI technology.  For fast high quality interactive hardware renders
(everyone else is doing this except for Houdini it seems) and for the fact that GPUs
are scaling faster at a much quicker pace than CPU's I think it is the wave
of the future that more vector based processing will get offloaded from CPUs to
the GPUs speeding rendering, compositing and perhaps even dynamics.  NVidia's
SLI allows two blazing graphics cards to work together in a system fairly
cheaply, giving a PC amazing (and untapped) computational power.

-Craig