[Sidefx-houdini-list] hardware innovations

Jed Schwartz jed at jedschwartz.com
Wed Dec 14 10:23:28 EST 2005

I've never been very good at keeping up with the latest hardware
innovations-- As we consider our year-end hardware upgrades- I'd like
to hear what anyone might like to share regarding the best desktop
configurations for running houdini-

I'm finding with the latest houdini builds (especially running
elaborate DOPs simulations-etc) I'm spending more and more time
waiting for things to cook- What is the best overall recipe for a
high- performance "houdini" system. Are the duel core processors a
huge advantage to sys performance beyond render-?

Thanks!

Jed-