[Sidefx-houdini-list] FlipBookCrash

John Coldrick jc at axyzfx.com
Mon Dec 12 14:08:23 EST 2005

On Monday 12 December 2005 13:59, Mark A. Bolstad wrote:

> FC4's been stable as well. My biggest nit with both versions is that RH
> has chosen to remove mp3 functionality from any audio related tools. So,
> again, I build my own. Do the other distros suffer support MP3 in the
> applications (I'm pretty sure they do, I'm just checking).

	It's on the increase, for sure.  Covering their asses.  :P  If you download
the free version of SUSE 10, for instance, they've stopped bundling some of
the multimedia packages.  It's trivial to download the replacements - avid
user sites have up to date pages with links to all the files - but it's not
as simple as paying the $50 for the boxed set.  It comes with that stuff,
install support, plus - for me - the main advantage: a reliable dual density
burned DVD plus CD set.

	Cheers,

	J.C.

                                                     Toronto, ON Canada