[Sidefx-houdini-list] FlipBookCrash

Mark A. Bolstad mbolstad at arl.army.mil
Mon Dec 12 13:59:02 EST 2005

I use both RHEL and Fedora Core (both v. 4) and SuSE 9. RHEL 4 is very
stable, sometimes to stable. At the initial release, RHEL is pretty
current. However, as time goes on, it get farther out of date, such that
I start building my own versions of built-in libraries to get the
features I need.

SuSE 9 run very well, although I have no direct experience since it's
primarily run on servers.

FC4's been stable as well. My biggest nit with both versions is that RH
has chosen to remove mp3 functionality from any audio related tools. So,
again, I build my own. Do the other distros suffer support MP3 in the
applications (I'm pretty sure they do, I'm just checking).

Mark