[Sidefx-houdini-list] FlipBookCrash

Jed Schwartz jed at jedschwartz.com
Fri Dec 9 21:03:39 EST 2005

I don't believe this is a Houdini issue so much as a linux problem.

When I try to generate a flipbook on my laptop (HP zd7000) RH9 gnome
I crash out of x-windows to a command prompt. The error message is
something like :

"the application 'rhn-applet' lost its connection to the display:0.0;
most likely the x server was shut down or you killed/destroyed the
application"

(start) re-starts x-windows and all else works fine- I'm running
build 8.0.423--  thought that might be the issue, but I get the same
thing with earlier releases- Flipbooking worked fine on this system
last week-
mplay works fine on the system--

Not sure if I should re-build the entire system of if there is less
dramatic repair-?

Any advice will be appreaciated as always!

Jed-