[Sidefx-houdini-list] DSO error

Jed Schwartz jed at jedschwartz.com
Wed Dec 7 20:51:40 EST 2005

Is anyone else getting this error-:

Firenze% Houdini DSO - error on '/usr/hfs8.0.423/houdini/dso/
IFD_GLRender.so'
        /usr/hfs8.0.423/houdini/dso/IFD_GLRender.so: undefined
symbol: _ZN10IFD_OutputC2Ev
-----------------
I running into this both when rendering via mantra and flipbooking on
multiple projects-

So far it seems to be non-recoverable, I have to kill the process
from a shell and re-start the hip-
After re-starting all works fine for a while - this is an
intermittent but frequently reoccurring problem- tough to re-create-

I reported it to SESI- and it seems to be a confirmed bug--

Just curious to see if this is unique to our studio- and if by chance
anyone knows of a work-around-

Thanks!

Jed-