[Sidefx-houdini-list] rib archives in sops

Colin Doncaster colin.doncaster at rsp.com.au
Sun Dec 4 22:45:45 EST 2005

Hey all, I imagine there's a simple answer to this and I really think
I should know it but I can't work it out.

I've got a sequence of ribarchives, 800 frames with 10 different
variations, so say
something_1.1-800.rib
something_2.1-800.rib
something_10.1-800.rib

I've written a tool in Maya that lets me stamp a selected variations
at a frame of my choosing on a particle system.  I want to do this in
houdini and I know there's the instancing feature, and it actually
writes the specified read archive but how do I get it to randomly
stamp the actual readarchives.  The $IPT variable only works within
the stamping object.  Is there a sop level rib instancing OP?  Or a
way of adding arbitrary rib into the stream on a per point basis in
the SOP level?

colin.
--
Colin Doncaster
Chief Fireman -- colin.doncaster at rsp.com.au
rising sun pictures -- http://www.rsp.com.au/
direct line +61 (0)2 9338 6432
mobile ph +61 (0)4 1011 1709
syd ph +61 (0)2 9338 6400 -- fx +61 (0)2 9338 6401
15/16 charles street, redfern, sydney, nsw 2016
adl ph +61 (0)8 8400 6400 -- fx +61 (0)8 8400 6401
level 1, 133 gouger street, adelaide, sa 5000
rising sun research - http://www.risingsunresearch.com/