[Sidefx-houdini-list] Re: perl in Houdini

Andrew D Lyons alyons at anim.dreamworks.com
Mon Aug 29 21:04:13 EDT 2005

Today I've been using openport and hcommand to try and get perl to talk
to Houdini. I'm hoping to make some kind of an interface to the pipeline
here for Houdini.

To do so I need to source a hscript command that starts a shell (unix
command), so the shell can run a perl script, which then runs hcommand
on the original Houdini process.

Two problems:
1./ STDOUT from hcommand is ending up in Houdini's parent shell and not
perl.

2./ Is it just me - or does this seem like a tenuous foundation for an
important pipeline interface?

Thanks!

Cheers