[Sidefx-houdini-list] Re: convert to NURBS

sidefx-houdini-list at sidefx.com sidefx-houdini-list at sidefx.com
Fri Aug 26 16:30:49 EDT 2005

 > So? What did you do?

1./ divide sop - remove shared edges - to get outside boundary.
2./ isolate 2 side boundaries somehow. I deleted using:  if($MAPV==0 ||
$MAPV==1)
3./ primitive sop - Face/Hull open U
4./ resample sop - using maximum segements to achieve matching point
count on each side.
5./ polypatch to give me a mesh with nice subdivs
6./ convert to nurbs surface to get 1 nice nurbs surface.
7./ ray onto original poly surface

This is easy enough - but I'll be doing this for every object that comes
out of DOPs - so it's still not ideal. My production poly was created by
Triangulate2D for a cloth simulation. (It wasn't the one I sent to the
list.) It had straight ends, so I didn't have to worry about using rails
or V cross sections in skin or something to create my mesh.

Cheers