Merging geometry from multiple inputs

Mark Story mstory at xion.org
Fri Jul 30 14:06:44 EDT 2004

Hi all,

I've got a SOP that uses multiple inputs, but am having trouble merging
the geometry of all the inputs so the output of the SOP has all the
geometry presented to the inputs.  I haven't found any examples in the
toolkit samples, so I'm shootin' in the dark here (and missing the
target!).  It fails at the merge() or copy() method.  I've successfully
processed the geo from all the inputs for what the SOP "does", write out
Real Flow files, but I want the user to see all the geo when the display
flag is on, not just the first input which is what I've done in the interim.

Here's what I've been trying:

gdp->clearAndDestroy();
myGdp->clearAndDestroy();

// For each object (input)
for(current_obj = 0; current_obj < num_inputs; current_obj++) {

   if (lockInputs(context) >= UT_ERROR_ABORT) {
   cout << "Could not lock input" << endl;
   return error();
   }

   // Duplicate the geometry from the first input
   // duplicateSource(current_obj, context);
   inputGeo(current_obj, context);
   unlockInputs();

   // gdp->merge((GEO_Detail &)myGdp);
   gdp->copy((GEO_Detail &)myGdp);