Building a cube using HDK

Brian Knudson briank at hero.com
Thu Jul 8 20:36:18 EDT 2004

I like to create the points first, then assign the polygon verticies to
the points, i.e.:

// add points to gdp:
for (numVerts)
  gdp->appendPoint();

// '0' in the following line means don't append points to gdp:
poly = GU_PrimPoly::build(gdp, numVerts, GU_POLY_CLOSED, 0);

// assign vertecies to points & set point locations:
for (i=0; i<numVerts; i++)
  poly->getVertex(i) = the.correct.gdp.point();
  poly->getVertex(i).getPos().assign(x,y,z);

This way you don't get duplicate points.

-bk